Welcome to the booking portal for National Grid Person courses. Bookings for courses can now be made and paid for through this booking portal. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are available here and they will be regularly updated.
Coronavirus Guidance (updated 16/07/2020)
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, senior management at National
Grid have made a number of decisions regarding contractor training and
The contractor Competent and Authorised Person Authorisations expiry dates have already been extended in two phases.
- Phase 1 - Authorisations expiring between 23 March and 1 June 2020 have been extended by 6 months.
- Phase 2 - Authorisations expiring between 2 June and 1 September 2020 have been extended by 3 months.
As a result, Competent Person
and Authorised Person
extended Authorisations expire from September to November 2020.
From 1 August 2020
The National Grid Academy will re-start the NG Safety Rule Authorisation courses from 1 August 2020, this includes Initial Person courses at Eakring and the 5 'Pods' based at Substation sites around the country for Competent Person and Authorised Person.
Competent Person (CP) and Authorised Person (AP)
All Phase 1 and 2 renewals will receive an additional 'grace period' of 1 month to renew their Authorisations.
- Phase 1 extensions - Individuals with authorisations originally expiring between 23 March and 1 September 2020, that have been extended and now expire between 22 September and 30 November 2020 are expected to book a course to renew their CP/AP Authorisations from 1 August, as their Authorisations expire from September to November 2020.
- Phase 2 extensions - Individuals with authorisations originally expiring between 2 June and 1 September 2020, that have been extended and now expire between 1 September and 30 November will receive a further 3 month extension to their CP/AP Authorisation. Individuals with this additional extension are expected to book courses to renew their CP/AP Authorisations from 2 December 2020, as their Authorisations will expire from December 2020 to February 2021.
New Competent Person and Authorised Person applicants can also book onto courses from 1 August 2020.
- Individuals who require Person Renewal but their BESC AME and Person Authorisations expire between 23 March and 1 August 2020 can take the online Person Renewal course until 1 September 2020.
- Individuals that have an in-date BESC AME and Person Authorisations expiring from 2 August 2020 onwards should take the online Person Renewal course before either of them expire.
- Individuals who require a Person Authorisation who are either first time applicants or do not have a BESC AME and Person Authorisations expiring between 23 March and 1 August 2020, should book onto the Initial Person course.
All course information and Person
course bookings are on available on this website.
National Grid will continue to monitor the situation throughout this period, please check this website for further updates.